Where do we find inspiration? Being a prairie gal at heart, I see the land differently than outsiders. It holds so many mysteries and stories.
But I’ve never been one for realistic styles. Or genres. Yes, I wrote for some realistic & some docudrama shows, but I love SF & fantasy. Sometimes I think it was the small town library with its collection of Golden Age SF novels. I re- read several short Andre Norton novels lately. I still loved them but can now see their flaws- and I hate that because they still are shining beacons in my childhood imagination.
Bit by bit your imagination grows and I thank Andrea Norton, Clifford Simak, Asimov, Heinlein and others for creating an imagination of great breadth in my generation of writers.
I’m hoping, in my own talented child, that some of her experiences will help her creativity. In fact, she’s the collage artist for this blog.
We saw Drumheller – one hour south of my home county and she was impressed.
And here’s what a whole Tyrell museum full of dinosaurs can cause a 12 year old ‘director’ to stage after a few hours!
- January 21, 2018 January 21, 2018
- January 2018 January 11, 2018
- December 30, 2017 December 30, 2017
- Buy my Story for the Holidays! December 15, 2017
- Story Accepted by Neo-opsis Magazine! October 11, 2017
- Compostela Tesseracts 20 Reading September 19, 2017
- Tesseracts 20 Compostela Launch September 6, 2017
- Night Market accepted for Vancouver Sci-Fi Anthology August 23, 2017
- Compostela Tesseracts 20 June 5, 2017
- Whistler writing weekend May 22, 2017
- January 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- September 2016
- July 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- February 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- March 2012
- January 2012